Deliberately incorporate more movements into your daily life — especially more intense movements — and you'll be sure to boost your metabolism, strengthen your muscles and burn more calories. Here are 8 tricks to workout without actually working out:
- Execute squat-stance when going down to pick up stuff.
- Do calve raises or squats while brushing your teeth.
- Drop down and do push-ups when warming up food at the microwave.
- Do jump squats during TV commercials.
- Keep all "not-so-good foods" high up so you have to reach or climb to get them.
- Do burpees when you've done something you don't feel so proud of.
- Run up the stairs, don't walk. Or take the stairs instead of elevator.
- Wear runners and jog (or walk fast) when doing groceries.
Hope you try at least a few of these suggestions. Stay active. Be mindful and smart with how you move your body. These deliberate movements will do more for you than you know!